Wednesday, January 5, 2011

and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again.............. im not one of those moms.

DSC_0013
[ addie and my brothers dog, Lennon at mimis house]


addie went back to school on monday. man we had a good break. i really enjoyed the easy, laid back mornings when everyone trickled into my bed and we snuggled up together under the warm soft blankets. there was no rush in the morning to hurry and wake addie up to get her out the door in time. no getting her dressed while she is still half asleep or shoving food in her mouth and making sure i pack a nutritious snack.  we made yummy breakfasts that ended at 10 a.m. we stayed in our pjs almost all day long. we didnt go anywhere, just enjoyed being home. it was wonderful.
now its back to school. i do love it, but i sure do miss my girl. not being apart of her day more. she is one smart cookie and i love her to pieces.
xo

2 comments:

Ella A. said...

i am not either! the break went by way too fast!!

Lexi said...

I was just tellin Dave the other day that the lack of schedule is one of the things I love about homeschooling. I mean we start school by 9 and finish by 1130-12, (yes we fit all the subjects in that time) but I love that school doesn't consume our lives. I love that we have our obligation to school and then the rest of the day is ours. I dont miss rushing the kids to the bus and hoping they ate enough breakfast or trying to do homework when they get home. I don't think this will last forever, but I am enjoying it for now!