Monday, January 3, 2011

christmas morn

i awoke to little feet scurrying down the stairs. i sat straight up in bed and looked over at the clock.
it read 2:30 A.M. !!!!!!

i know.


addie was yelling out that santa had been there and that he ate the cookies, and that the celery was gone!
i ran my tired tush downstairs and told her it was wayyyy too early and that we needed to sleep a little bit more. we walked up the stairs & she was smiling from ear to ear.
i tucked her back into bed and made my way back to my warm bed and drifted off to sleep.

before i know it i hear her again asking, " is it time yet? can we get up now?"

i look at the clock....

2:45 A.M.

it was going to be a long night. and it was.

i made her a little bed on the floor on my side so i could keep an eye on her if she woke up again.
sure enough our neighbors were up till 4 in the morning letting off fireworks and i found addie with her head pressed to the window watching them.

i brought her back to the bed one last time.
walker woke up around 6:30 and we all arose with excitement.
christmas was HERE!


DSC_0826



stockings.

DSC_0829

DSC_0835



santa gifts.

DSC_0841




DSC_0840


DSC_0851



my hunny got me a beautiful record player. so excited!
i got him a new sound system for his car.

DSC_0856



DSC_0877


i was so worried that walker would just want to tear apart all of the gifts, but with a candy cane in hand, he had no other worries or desires. he was as happy and content as could be.

DSC_0863




DSC_0882



DSC_0885




in their own little worlds.
DSC_0890
i asked callie what she liked best out of everything she got... her reply...

the books.
not surprised. i love my book readin gal so much!



DSC_0899

later that day we drove up to the mountains to visit my family. both of my brothers were there. it was so nice to be with family.
my mom surprised mark with a new phone and me with a new camera! i think im still in shock!

DSC_0909

what a great and memorable christmas we had.
the family, the food, the love, the gifts, the stories, the lights,
and most of all
 Christ.

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

great christmas! I love the dressups and the dollies! LLLOOVEEE Your record player. Beautiful! :)
Also, I have to say, Kallin has a sock monkey like that and he adores it!