Thursday, September 9, 2010

camping... kind of.

this summer my parents took their camp trailer out to the spot that we would camp at growing up. it is lush and green with a tiny stream that we would keep our watermelons cool in. when we were little me and my brothers would play barbies (i know, i know, thats what they get for having an older sister) and push them in a little boat down the stream. it is so fun to go back to that same spot with my kids. we drove out for the evening for foil dinners and adventure.





i showed addie the things i would do as a child out in those woods. we found a stick for a baby and a big leaf for her blanket. a cut off tree stump worked as the bed. she stirred leaves for the babies dinner.  she had so much fun holding the lantern when the sun went down. what a simple pleasure.


callie wanted to sit and observe. she watched the men start a fire. she was excited for the yummy hot dogs and smores.

uncle kevin took the girls on a little hike/walk. he took them up the hill to the high rocks and peered over the edge. i almost had a heart attack. but they LOVED that! uncle kevo is so much fun.

addie 5. cousin ellery 2. callie 3







o how i wanted to stay and not go home. i love the woods. i love the cool air. do you blame me?

4 comments:

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

So beautiful! I'm completely jealous the weather looks amazing!

Janae said...

I love all the lush greens. So pretty out there. No, I definitely don't blame you :) I know exactly how you feel :)

Taralee said...

Brown creek?....by chance

Chelsea said...

i adore.
oh, how awesome. that looks like a great place!
i love the pic with you and walker. you look amazing.
and oh, how sweet are the girls.

and a "me" comment. HOW CUTE is that tiny red chair?! I need those, they call my name. SO great!