Friday, February 19, 2010

another spring

we worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday. our summer garden is planted and our flower beds are filled with little petunias. boy does it make me happy. i have really come to enjoy working in the yard, making things grow, feeling the earth in your hands, improving the view from our kitchen and living room windows.




i love that the girls are so interested and wanting to help. they loved digging the holes and putting the flowers in, then covering them with soil. the smiles on their faces were priceless.



i cant wait to see the progress of the garden. i defiantly feel more confident in it this year, knowing what to plant, what we will eat from it.
welcome spring, i cant believe you are here. you wont last for very long.
you are such a lovely season.

2 comments:

Ella A. said...

I got the clips today and love love love them. thank you so much! I love gardening as well! It is definitely rewarding, and nice to do as a family. And hang in there on those tough days. I know how hard it can be to have such small children so close together.

Mimi2four said...

I can't believe you are enjoying spring and planting flowers! Right at this moment, 3 hours east of you, I am watching the snow fall out my office window! It will be a long time before my garden sees my shovel! Love you bunches!
mom