Saturday, July 30, 2011

.a day away.

i was talking to my mom one night and randomly asked her if she wanted to meet up in payson the next day for a fun short day trip.




we are getting pretty antsy during these summer days. its so hot and we haven't gone outside much. we stay at home, watch netflix and chill inside our cozy air conditioned home.
but we are getting cabin fever. i needed this day SO bad.
my husband has been working a lot of overtime and i needed a little relief.
 this is what we saw when we rolled into the cooler weather of payson...rain clouds. i was in heaven!





my grandma and grandpa live in payson. we met up and hit up a few shops and had lunch and then went to their home to relax and enjoy each others company.





i put walker down for a nap and we sat on the porch for a good 2 hours just breathing in the cool air and feeling the mists of rain. it was fabulous!
















+ grandma and grandpa smith +
























i loved this trip. i will carry memories of this day with me for awhile i think.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's been a while since I have left you a comment. I just had to say that I am completely obsessed with the picture of your grandma and grandpa!! The way they are sitting and holding on to each other is adorable. So glad that you got some family time. Sounds like it was a perfect day!

Mom said...

Great pics jess! Thanks for suggesting our day with grandma & grandpa. I know it meant a lot to them too! They love visits from grandkids & great grandkids. It was a perfect day! Xoxo mom