Friday, July 9, 2010

independence day 2010

we had the best 4th of july! it was seriously so fun! i felt like a kid again. i let go and enjoyed every minute (especially the 2 hr nap I got after the parade)!
small town festivities are the best!
nothin beats it.
im so glad and so lucky that we get to break away from the busy, hot desert and retreat here.
here are some of my fav photos of the day.
DSC_0824-1
:
:
:
DSC_0825-1
:
:
:
DSC_0828-1
callie, mark, addie, me, walker, amanda (my cousin), my dad
:
:
:
DSC_0837-1
walker on papas sholders. he was so happy up there. smilin and drooling all over papas hair!
:
:
:
DSC_0833-1
my brother on the verizon float. hes the cute kid with the top hat on, rockin out on the drums.
:
:
:
DSC_0834-1
me and buddy, trying to stay out of the sun. i got some rosy cheeks. eek. im an avid everyday wearer and believer of sunscreen.
:
:
:
DSC_0839-1
there was so much candy, we left feeling like it was halloween!
:
:
:
DSC_0842-1
:
:
:
DSC_0848-1
believe it or not, it was chilly while waiting for the fireworks. we munched on kettle corn and snuggled up. both of the girls LOVED the fireworks. i smiled every time they oooed and ahhhed.
:
:
:
DSC_0857-1
:
:
:
DSC_0858-1
:
:
:
DSC_0859-1
:
what a great way to celebrate our freedom.

2 comments:

Traci said...

that looks like tons of fun!! I wish I was there! cute pics. LOVE the fireworks pics!!

Chelsea said...

great photos! The one of you and Walker is so great! I'm in love with small town 4ths and yours looks great!!!! Love the kettle corn & fireworks! :)