Wednesday, April 9, 2008




i made this sweet little crown today to add to the dress up clothes. i found the idea from this lovely lady. my grandma gave me boxes of fabric, vintage lace and other vintage notions. i found this lace in the bottom of the bag and knew it was meant to be a crown. i have been wanting to make more dress up clothes with all the treasured remnants and put them in a lovely box for my girls for this coming christmas. i am a bit weary about making clothes so dress ups will be good to practice on. i am excited for the sew along project. this time around the project is clothing and/or accessories. i have so much on my list in this category that i have wanted to do, a skirt for me, some for my girls(especially now that addie is potty trained, its easier to pull a skirt off!) a library tote bag ( i have something special in mind for this that includes humpty dumpty, addies fav!), and possibly my partners bend the rules sewing bag. hopefully in the next day or two i can order some fabric. i am getting quite antsy and wanting to get started.

************** my good friend julie had her baby! i cant wait to meet little oliver! and see his mama! there is something so wonderful and lovely about a new mommy and her newborn baby. hopefully i can get to the mountains next week to visit!

5 comments:

andrea said...

Yes, add me :) I thought of adding you too, but wondered if you would think I was weird. I haven't commented or talked to people I don't actually know yet...so I'm new at this! haha

I am going to post a picture of Cambria in the adorable shirt you sent! We got it today, and it is just as beautiful as the pictures looked! The bag of ribbon and fabric was so sweet too! I made her a clip to match. Thanks!

The Van Fam said...

What a cute crown! You are so creative! Your girls are so luckky to have such a fun mom!!

ashley b said...

What a cute idea! I love making little girl clothes...if only I had someone to wear them, I would get better practice! I don't do boy clothes though...is that messed up or what? There's just not as much to do in that area I guess. Your girls would love a dress up box! You are such a nice mommy!

Cody and Danica said...

Sounds all real cute!!!

I can't believe Julie has kids. I remember in high school when she grew her leg hairs out just because. Nasty.

Erin said...

I sure hope you're planning on posting pictures of all your sewing projects!! I just love seeing the things that you make, and it inspires me to be more creative. Love the crown! Who would've thought to do that out of lace?