Tuesday, April 22, 2008

morning sun


i have become to like the morning. first thing i do is open all the windows and let the light come pouring in. it is a fresh start, it determines how the day will go. dont get me wrong. i do sometimes stay in my morning clothes until 11. other days i am so motivated for the day and have so much energy to get things done and get my body moving. mark also comes home from work in the morning, so that probably has something to do with my love for this time of day. after long nights with the girls i am ready for the dreaded "no sleep" to be over and for the sun to come up. it is my favorite part of the day.

i finally finished this retched hand bag for the swap. (yes, i said retched! too much Little Women watching has been happening around here) This bag was a killer! it wasnt that hard but had so many steps. it took me a total of five hours! and i have to give it away. i will get one in return, but man, i am kinda attached. there are some flaws, so i hope the swapee is forgiving! i am really proud of myself though. it was an accomplishment for me. sorry about the not so good pictures and harsh lighting, i was trying to get this all done before the little ones woke up. didnt happen, and i still ended up with not so good pics!




i decided to do 3 pockets instead of the one. im excited it even turned out as good as it did! it will be sent out today with a favorite spring recipe. im thinking...????... lemon bars?

10 comments:

andrea said...

Cute bag! I'll have to start doing swaps one of these days...hmm... Little Women is my favorite book/movie do you say blast too!?

Jess said...

You are so talented. I'm impressed. Glad your day has started out bright and sunny!!

Lexi said...

Gosh, I wish I had a quarter of your talent! I can hardly sew a straight line and reading patterns is like reading a foreign language for me. I love the morning time too though. But lately it has been so dark and rainy here and it is really starting to affect our moods. We have had like 2 days of sun shine in the last 3-4 weeks!

Addie Gaylord said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you spent your time on that dang cute bag and you have to give it away! You should be selling that thing. I hope what you get in return is just as cute, I guess that makes for the excitement:) Does your husband work nights?

jes said...

jessica your blog is so cute. i love all your posts. they are so simple and sweet. (even the venting ones). it's so real. i'm glad i get to read your lovely blog! and how do you find the time to sew?! it has been a while since i have, i long to do it! (even though i'm not so good. i want to get better!)

Tatum said...

your bag turned out amazing. I'm totally impressed! I can't wait to see the bag you're gonna get! Thats exciting!!! I love mornings too. Especially the time before the girls wake that always makes for the best days :D

ashley b said...

that bag is so cute! you are quite the seamstress! hopefully you get one that's as cute!

Blain&Deedra said...

SO CUTE!!! I love it. I'm gonna have to pull out my Sewing machine and start trying to get better at it.

Pottruffs said...

I love the bag, great job. It's really cute and the person that gets it will love it too, or they can send it to me. LOL (-:

Unknown said...

Sorry everyone but I'm keeping it! It's even cuter in real life if you can imagine. The little button flowers are so sweet and the extra pockets are awesome! I'm so lucky:))) Can we rig the next swap so you have me again?

Thank you, Jessica! I LOVE it!

xoxoxo