Tuesday, January 27, 2009

our book recommendations

all i can do is giggle. me, a book recommendation!!?? i have never been big reader. it makes me tired, i am slow, so it takes me forever to finish the book. but.... since we got rid of our cable, things have changed. i have been reading more and liking it. i just finished a really good book. which leads to my book review....



The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright. a very good book about families, love, and forgiveness. it was a very fast read and has a twist. you can find it at Amazon, Deseret Book, Barnes and Noble (at this website you can read a synopsis), or check your local library, they just might carry it. me and my mom have been buying books and sharing them, she bought this one this time around.
give it a try, i dont think you will disappointed.


Addies Recommendation....

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See by Bill Martin Jr.
Addie says she likes the pictures in this book. This book is a classic with wonderful illustrations and leaves the kids in suspense. it helps them learn their colors an animals as well. you can find this book at your local library and any book store.


Callies recommendation.....

anything with a Little Golden Book spine. especially the Rudolf one, that one has Santa, her newest infatuation.

happy reading everyone. i have started a new book called
The Incredible Gifts of Women. i will let you know how it is.
so far, so good. :)

6 comments:

Lexi said...

i love book recommendations, i will have to check this out. i am reading the work and the glory right now. I had so much trouble getting into them, but I LOVE them now. if you haven't read them, you should try, I love how much more I have learned about joseph smith and the beginning of the church

ashley b said...

i'm so glad to hear you liked that book. i bought it about a month ago and have yet to start it. i'm trying to finish up a series and am going so slow.
and i do love addie's recommendation. that is one of my all time favorite books! :)

Tatum said...

I've heard good things about both of those books. I'm reading the Ariana Trilogy books right now but as soon as I'm done I might have to borrow from you! I just love stories.

jes said...

i'll have to try that one! i love to read, but now it seems there is never time! one thing i do is borrow books on tape or cd from the library and listen while i clean! at least i try to listen(sometimes 2 boys get pretty loud!)
i loved addies interview! i was thinking along the same lines.. i have a notebook page filled with breck's answers to my own little interveiw! some of the things they come up with! haha, i love it..

Lindsey said...

Brown Bear Brown Bear is such a good book, what a great recommandation! I love that one myself along with Dylan.

I know what you mean... it always takes me forever to finish a book.... I think it took me at least 3 months to finish Breaking Dawn!

Ella A. said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm always on the lookout for a good book! ANd we LOVE the little golden books also. ANything by Eloise Wilkins is just adorable.