Wednesday, January 7, 2009

makeover in progress

this is the start to addies room makeover, painting the bookshelf. i "craft-lifted" the idea from nie. it used to look like this, walmart-ish, brown, woody looking. i painted it and staple gunned fabric to the back. simple fixer upper.











i just need to get my excitement up for re-painting her room. white is the color I'm going for. it is currently bubble gum pink. i really dislike painting though. once i get that job out of the way, i will be happy. my wheels are turning with ways to finish up the room, new art, a banner, a hobnail lamp(if only i could find one), and finding a bed for callie to move in, when she's ready.
addie came in the room after i got the books back on the bookshelf and she said," its the first day!" i asked,"the first day of what?" then she responded, "the bookshelf's first day!"
welcome to the room bookshelf! we are so glad to have you!

8 comments:

Ella A. said...

They look SO cute! Good job, it's amazing what just a few simple things can do!

Meagan said...

Very cute! I love the fabric choices.

Lindsey said...

What a cute idea, those dolls are adorable! Don't you just love what our little ones say sometimes? Addie is a doll......and

I would love to come to kids club, I gotta find a good time to take off but hopefully sometime soon! I miss hangin out with you guys!

Lexi said...

yes, we are so excited. mostly excited to see family. Our movers came yesterday and today. So, we are down to our bare minimum until we leave here... and then suitcases until we get to WA. We have to get out to dinner with you guys sometime when we are home. Dave would be sad if we missed mark on our trip.

Julz said...

I used to have a hobnail lamp and when we moved back to show low it never surfaced. I know my mom has a few. I should ask her what her plans are with them. I love your book shelf, can I borrow some of your motivation? say hello to addie for us.

ashley b said...

So Cute! Yeah I saw that on the Cookie website and decided to "craft-lift" it as well. I love it!

Addie Gaylord said...

oh i love that!!! that looks so lovely.
just have to tell you again your amazing, where did you get all your talent and how much would you charge for me to have some?
way to go.

Tatum said...

So pretty! You did such a good job! Her room will be so cute!