Sunday, January 11, 2009

one of the few things i like about the desert

remember this green fruit on my tree out back, well now it is bright yellow and ready for the picking. this is one of the goodness's of this icky, hot desert.








i stayed home from church with callie (still sicko) and made lemon bars. if i sniff in through my nose while eating this yummy desert.... i can taste it. :)




callie didnt like it so much. maybe its too tart or sour for her.... ya think. well i did add a little extra lemon juice, i like it extra tart.


she did however love having the princess castle and kitchen all to her little self.
and she thoroughly enjoyed tearing the whole box of tissues into little, tiny pieces. not pictured.
:::
:::
:::
yum a dum dum.
make some lemon bars.
2 C. flour
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 C. butter
4 beaten eggs
2 C. sugar
1/3 C. lemon juice
1/4 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Sift together 2 C. flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter until mixture clings together. Press into an 8 by 8 in. pan. Bake at 350 for 25 min. or until lightly browned. Beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Sift together the 1/4 C. flour and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350 for about 25 min longer. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Cool. Cut. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Lexi said...

those lemons look so good. maybe one day i will have a friut tree. i bet you guys will be drinking LOTS of lemonade over the coming months.

Ella A. said...

i love the citrus here, too. Cute yellow bowls. My girls would drop and break them immediately

Tatum said...

Yum! Those lemons look perfect! I am so making these! I'm so sorry you are still sick. That is no fun! I should of given them some juice when they were at my house. Hope you will all be feeling better real fast!

Pottruffs said...

Oh those look good. I can almost taste them. I loved having a lemon tree in AZ. Reminds me of my Grandma and Grandpas place. Send some my way! LOL

Lindsey said...

Sorry you guys have been sick, hope you all get better soon! What a good teacher you are and chef too!

Julz said...

That's it I am packing up and moving to Australia until summer rolls around. ( Australia's warmest months are January and February) I long for Summer and looking at your post really makes me hate winter 10x's worse. I guess I am just going to have to repeat to myself "Patience is a virtue" Patience is a virtue". Miss ya.

Addie Gaylord said...

wise decision on staying home, i got all ready and had to stand in the hallway the whole time with max. not only did he not feel good but neither did i. lemon bars are a sure feel good medicine for sickness especially from your very own lemons. way to go.

ashley b said...

oh those look so yummy! i will have to try them. i love them extra tart too. i just don't have delicious, fresh from the tree lemons. shucks.