Monday, May 10, 2010

a little ditty on mothers.....

::girls night out::





:::mothers day cards. on the top is callies, she said it was a monster. the botton is addies. she pointed out that we are playing outside and we are holding hands. they are pink hands.:::

Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind” James R. Clark

:::me and baby addie::


::me and callie in the backyard under the lemon tree::



The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes” Harold B. Lee



::my mom and me going home from the hospital. i am 4 days old::

"Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world. . . . She who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters. . . deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God." David O. McKay

:::me and walker in the hospital:::

i have told my husband, on more than one occasion, that being a mom is the hardest thing i have ever done. i will admit, it does not come easy for me. i am lacking, very much so, in the patience department, i get really bad anxiety, and i get overwhelmed and discouraged very easily. ( now you know some of my personal secrets, :) ) but i do love being a mother. there is nothing else in this world i can picture myself doing. there is no job, no matter how prestigious, that interests me over being a mother. it is what i am supposed to be doing in my life right now. and how honored i am to be the mother of these sweet, smart, innocent children. i love them.

i hope your moms day was sweet, and that you felt special!

ps.

i love you mom!

6 comments:

Laura said...

This is the sweetest post yet. Thanks for your thoughts on motherhood, you said it beautifully.

Lorianne said...

Beautiful Post! LOVE IT!

Chelsea said...

loved this. so well said. motherhood is so rewarding, but yet so taxing some days, yet somehow, all wonderfully worth it all. Happy belated mothers day.

The Haynies said...

Fun post!! (PS found your blog via facebook)

Janae said...

It's like you were talking about me. I'm a high anxiety person as well... but I agree that the "Highs" of Motherhood BY FAR out-weigh the challenges :) I love your honesty. Hope you had a great Mothers Day!

Mimi2four said...

I love you too Jess! I wish I could say I have something to do with the wonderful, talented woman you have become. . . but you have far surpassed anything I ever could have given to you! You are a joy! I am so blessed to be your mom!
xoxo