Tuesday, December 23, 2008

trimming the tree

i have always wanted to string white popcorn and deep red cranberries and lay them on the tree. this year we did. the girls munched the popcorn and daddy and mamma "sewed". something about having my family around me, underneath the tree, doing this simple activity made my heart swell. i love addies excitement for Christmas and teaching her about baby Jesus. It takes me back to my childhood and all the excitement i had for the season. makes me feel like a kid again.




there has been a lot of dress up in our house recently. a lot. addie is hardly dressed. hear she is in the cowboy spirit.

i was in addies room this morning and caught this in the corner of my eye. on her nightstand, sitting beautifully arranged, leaving all the shepard's behind, was Joseph, Mary, and the baby Jesus. so sweet and simple. made me feel proud that maybe one thing i tried to teach her... stuck.

6 comments:

Ashley Madsen said...

What a great night!

Tatum said...

She is so smart! I think everything you teach her is sticking. She is brilliant. Can't get over that sticker puzzle. Your tree looks beautiful. Love popcorn and cranberries!

Pottruffs said...

I've always wanted to string popcorn and cranberries too and haven't yet. It's beautiful. What a great family time activity.

Erin said...

This definitely brings back many memories for me! My mom used to do this with us and I've thought about it just about every day for the last week. Next year it will get done! I can't wait until my babies know what Christmas is.

Lexi said...

I love when we all sit to do activities as a family as well, especially when it all works out in fun and not full of crying and fighting

ashley b said...

So I love popcorn and cranberry strings on trees. beautiful. One day I would love to have a tree for just homemade decor. I think they are so lovely.