Wednesday, December 3, 2008

call me scrooge.....

but i have not been in the mood to put my tree up. could be for a number of reasons, one of them being that it may end up like this again this year. so i sorted through the ornaments and picked out the unsentimental, unbreakable ones and let addie trim the bottom of the tree. i will leave it like this until Christmas eve, then make it pretty. until then i wont have to worry about it and she can rearrange them as she pleases.









we put on our sweaters (really didn't have to), we got in the car, we turned the radio to the local holiday station, we drove to the nearest gas station, we bought some hot chocolate, we turned the a.c. on to make it feel a little bit like December, and we looked at Christmas lights. i love driving and looking at the lights. the kids are happy. i might just go every night, seriously.


still havent started my shopping.

**the boutique is over and this is what i have left.
every item is $5.oo
NO shipping
great gift for friends, sisters, mom, daughter
email me.... mhig36(at)yahoo(dot)com

6 comments:

Tatum said...

You are so not scrooge! Scrooge doesn't want to go out and look at Christmas lights every night!! I love that post from last year. You can admit now, that it is a funny priceless memory.

Ella A. said...

I love that idea. after all, Christmas is not about having a perfectly decorated tree, I think we forget that sometimes. and I totally want those earrings. I am going to email you right now.

Jessica said...

all that is left is the little rose earring, the orange headband and the stripe vintage flower headband. i may be adding new earrings to my etsy shop? havent yet decided. lots of new colors and styles. we will see.

Lexi said...

We put up ours for FHE this week, but I am not much feeling it either. I just let the kids decorate it and figure in a few years I can buy a new tree and make it just as I picture in my head... one day we get to have nice things right?

Addie Gaylord said...

oh my goodness what good idea!! seriously, i have put ornaments back on the tree all day every day since i put the thing up.

Pottruffs said...

What a cute idea. I love to take the kids to see lights too. We haven't this year yet, but I love that part. I remember warm winters in AZ. Yuck. I am enjoying having snow and cold although sometimes it's a bit too cold for me. Your tree looks like my tree. Well, I added more, trying to be creative this year, but the lower half is way better then the top half right now.