Wednesday, December 10, 2008

our bedtime conversation


oh how i love her.
she got out of bed once. and said, "what you eating?"
nothing, get to bed.
"i smell something, what is it?"
a candle.
i then walk her to to bed.
she comes out a second time with bed head already and she has only been in bed for 5 min.
"i forgot to tell you somethin."
what did you forget to tell me?
"wheres daddy?"
what do you need to tell me?
"where are the candles?"
downstairs, lets go to bed.
(with a frustrated tone) "i cant stay in bed."
i will sing you a song.
"will you rub my arm?"
the sure way to get her to bed, rub her arm. she loves it.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love your new header picture. Ok, so I love this. I love how a mothers touch can put a child to sleep. Tonight Ellie was so tired and she was crying and crying. I went in and leaned over her crib and started tickling her neck and face. Worked like a charm, and I felt like super mom.

jes said...

haha we have the same bed time routine around here! your header is so cute! and i loved your earrings and everything at the berry merry. i couldn't decide which ones to buy, so i narrowed it down and my mom chose them! so i get a surprise Christmas morning! i am so excited!! how do you make them?

Ella A. said...

SO sweet. I love moments like that where you know just what they need.

Lindsey said...

How cute is she. I know exactly what you are talking about, her and Dylan are at that same stage...Random questions at random times but in the end they are so sweet and put a smile on your face.

P.S. Love your fort, vintage sheets are such a beauty!

mrs boo radley said...

LOL! My sister (15 years younger than me) used to pull that sometimes.