Tuesday, July 28, 2009

early to rise

i have been waking up at 6 a.m. in hopes that my days would be off to a smoother start. it hasn't really been hard to wake up that early, i quite enjoy it. my kids are still in bed, sometimes for 10 min, sometimes an hour, but it is nice to have that time alone to prepare for the day. whether i read my scriptures and have a quiet prayer, take a shower, work out to a dvd, or just lay in bed, i love that time.
i love the orange glow of the morning.
i love to hear the doves rhythmic cooing sounds out my window.
i love to hear callie chattering or singing to herself when she wakes up.
i love to be the one to great my children when they wake up, sometimes with a warm breakfast.
on this morning, i wandered out into the backyard in my mu mu. i enjoyed the cooler air, the sun, the grass on my feet, my bowl of blueberries.





i love mornings.

4 comments:

Addie Gaylord said...

then you must please help me. just this very morning as i rolled out of bed i was dying and thinking i hate mornings. how do i become a morning person? it takes me til about 10 to wake up.

Lexi said...

I used to sleep until 7ish and then was rushing to get out the door to the gym on time. I started getting up when dave goes to PT (545) and it as helped a ton. I have about 45 minutes to myself to lay in bed, read my scriptures, check my e-mails and breath before the kids start getting up. I think I sleep better at night too

Tatum said...

I don't know how you do it! It is so hard pulling me out of bed.

Taralee said...

You inspire me.
I'm going to try it.
What time do you go to bed?