Wednesday, March 26, 2008

bits and pieces




we have been out in the yard, planting flowers and trees. making more shade. hopefully by next year i can pick some oranges and lemons in my own backyard! it has been such hard work but is so worth it. we have had to make a few repairs, the porch swing being one of them! uh oh!


i have so much on my list of want to dos. not necessarily anything that needs to be done but that i want to get done. like purchase some fabric to make some summer skirts/dresses for me and my girls. i have my eye on these...




these would also make great additions to a quilt. something i have also been wanting to do. so many things to do, never enough time. or maybe not enough arms and eyes! taking care of my girls has taken up most of my time recently. it seems as though a switch has been flipped and i have a crabby, never satisfied unless being held 8 month old and a whiny, mischievous, disobedient 2 1/2 year old. i do love them dearly, but i need a break! sigh.
another thought, what do you do if your hands are covered in disease causing hamburger meat and your baby starts choking and needs her mouth swiped!?? just a thought i never thought of until after the fact!

6 comments:

Meagan said...

You can always deal with disease- antibiotics, etc. But if they choke- well then that is that. Cute pics of the toothless grin. Hudson almost has all of his teeth- crazy!

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

I don't know about the hamburger meat but even a doctor takes time to put gloves on before he works on any patient, no matter how near to death they are... I'd say you've got enough time to quickly wash off your hands especially if she is making noises while she is coughing. Any noise, when choking, is good noise. (It means their getting some air.)

Jessica said...

thats what i thought of, i can always deal with a diease and have her around than not.

Cody and Danica said...

I would say...babies can handle it. I mean people eat raw meat all the time...well almost raw. I would just wash her face after saving her life.

...yeah I definitely don't have kids yet! so in my mind, kids will survive. No mother intuition here!

Fullerton Family said...

Something must be going around, because my girls are the same exact way! Fussy, needy baby (so unlike her!) and into everything toddler! Let's take a break together, we deserve it!!

Tatum said...

That is so scary! Tell me that was a joke. Well I know she's still alive so you must of known what to do!

Oh and that fabric is lovely!