Friday, July 11, 2008

11/30


it was a lovely, cool morning and with us being gone for a week i had some very large weeds in our yard. so i decided to go out and take advantage of the weather! i heard some splashing and turned around to see these two, one naked, playing in the water puddles from the storm we just got! goggles on and all! silly girls!
*** we had a most horrible drive yesterday! we got about 30 min. to the valley and there was a huge fire of some sort blocking the road. after an hour of waiting, they made us turn around, go all the way back to payson and go through globe! it was AWFUL!! what should have been a 3 hour drive ended up being a 7 hours of hell! we left at 11am and didnt get home till 6 pm! i had to go to the grocery store this morning and callie screamed bloody murder when i put her in her seat!

5 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

How horrible! What a nightmare. Well, I'm glad you're home safe.

Julz said...

Holy cow Hess that sounds dreadful! I am so sorry you had to endure that I think I would have killed over then and there. I am glad to here you got there safley however. Sure miss you guys.

Taralee said...

Oh boy! Long road trips with just ONE baby is bad enough. I can't imagine trying to deal with two of them! Glad you made it home with a smidget of sanity left! ;)

Addie Gaylord said...

Loved the rain!! One good thing about living here in the valley in the summer time, great monsoon storms.
Oh man, that is the worst trip ever. I would have turned around and went back to show low and said forget about it. Poor you and your little girlies.
Yea, your dad and Addie were getting candy, I was probably looking in the wrong direction from where your family was sitting because I didn't see your mom, you, or your baby. And I seriously doubt you look different, I am pretty sure your still gorgeous as ever, I have seen your pictures and you look great:) Now me on the other hand, that is a different story. What we do for our kiddos! Have a good weekend!

Blain&Deedra said...

Oh it doesn't get worse than spending too long in the car with kids. I am so sorry. Hope the rest of your stay here was fun!