Wednesday, October 29, 2008

what really happened

i debated on writing about my day, what really happened . i stuck to posting about the best part, bedtime. i decided to fill you in on what REALLY happened today....

i woke up. mark worked an overtime job. i had a free day. so i decided to go the gym. callie cried as usually when i left her at the kids club, aka babysitter service. i had a good work out went home and got the kids lunch. ramen noodles it was. fast, cheap, the girls devour it. here's where the day gets hairy....
cooked ramen smashed into the carpet.
addie running around the house, callie follows and throws up from jostling.
take callie upstairs for bath.
addie gets into the 12 oz container of yeast in the fridge.
she thinks its food.
the whole thing ends up in the carpet.
i come down to clean up the static, wont get sucked up the vacuum yeast. and the throw up.
kids are "playing" upstairs.
i go see what they are up to.
callie has eaten half of the full toothpaste tube. blue toothpaste everywhere.
bath number 2.
down time.
nap for callie.
movie for addie.
sewing for me.
addie decides she is thirsty.
tries to drink the whole pitcher of blue koolaid.
all down the front of her and in the rug.
i am fed up and send her outside to play.
i need a shower, perfect opportunity.
she brings a pile of dirt into the bathroom to make "pies" useing toilet water.
i have had it.
i call mark and tell him to bring home dinner, because i am not cooking.
i give the kids another bath, for safe measure, and put them to bed, early.
i have my down time and it is all good.
until,
i go to brush my teeth.
my mouth goes numb and it tastes awful.
i spit and rinse immediately.
i look down in my bathroom drawer to see an opened tube of vagisil!
i have a feeling the toothpaste infatuated child i have put it on there. her name may start with a C.
yes people, i just told you that! ewwww!
i am going to bed and putting this day behind me.
remind me to buy a new toothbrush tomorrow.
good night

11 comments:

Lexi said...

I know exactly how you feel. only usually mine is filled with a lot more crying and timeouts. oh yeah, at not to mention a lot of fighting by my children that start with the letters L. Oh the life of motherhood

Lindsey said...

I hate days like this, I hope you guys have a really good day today.

You are a strong woman and you have one of the hardest jobs out there!

I always wonder what they were thinking before they do something irrational.....like "hmmm, this toothpaste looks so good, I think I'll eat it for a snack!"

Take care! Have fun today

andrea said...

Wow...that is quite the day! The vagisil really would put me over too. That is just wrong. Good thing your girls are so cute!

Tatum said...

Wow! What a day! 3 baths each? You poor woman! Vagisil on the old toothbrush is a nasty trick.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! Aah! This is one of those days that seems horrible now, but looking back on it you'll laugh... a lot. I hope you're planning on taking it easy today.

Anonymous said...

I think that could quite possibly be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Poor you. Here's to a better day!

Kendyl said...

oh my!!!! well... i was wondering why your life seemed to be such a dream yesterday when i read your last post when they were in bed by 6:30. WOW.... dont we all have days like that when its like all we can do to not rip our hair out or beat our kids?? OH MAN>>>>... WEll.. yes, i hope your day is much better today! Best of luck! I hope mine is smooth moving too.. ive had a little 1 year old attatched to my hip for a week.. and following me around saying MAMA MAMA MAMA....

Caitlin said...

Wow Jess, I thought I had a bad day with Cash yesterday. You really put it into perspective for me. Hope today is MUCH BETTER!

The Van Fam said...

oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about days like that! Just so you know, you aren't the only one! I have had plenty of days like that! Yep, put it behind you, thats all you can do haha!

Ashley Harris said...

Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I'm not sure if I've ever had quite a day like that but I'm sure I have many to come! I hope your sweet girls are nicer to you today!

ashley b said...

oh wow! my day was mild in comparison and i was still ripping my hair out. it's funny to hear the story behind the sweet dreamy faces. who would have thought they were capable of such terror? :)
oh by the way my verification word is 'calie'. just thought that was funny.