Saturday, November 8, 2008

Repunzel. i think not.

it happened, again.






yes. she did it.
now wipe your tears of laughter and read on.
they story,

i was on my way out the door with my arms full going to the gym. i forgot my phone, i always seem to do that. since my arms were full i asked addie to run up to my bathroom and get it. i went ahead and went to put callie in the car. addie came down no phone in hand. she just stood there and stared at me. i took one glance at her head,
once full of long,even hair,





now looked like she met up with edward scissor hands in the hallway! i had to leave the room instantly. i had to tell myself that what i just saw was some sort of illusion and could in no way be real. i looked at her again with my hands on my cheeks and just cried tears. ( i have been emotional lately) i couldn't look at her. she had cut it to the scalp in some places! i kept thinking there is no way on earth anyone could fix it without making her look like the little boy down the street or worse the "mister" who works at Toni and Guy!
i gained composure and took her to a recommended hair dresser. she worked wonders and was great! i was so pleased. we decided not to chop it completely off, but to give her a cute bob, blend it in as best we could, trying not to cut too much more off, and leave it to grow out, telling people, "she cut it". i am so pleased and so grateful to mandy! thank you!

she is still my beautiful little girl. she brings me so much joy.... and hardship, but much more joy.




and a picture with sister, just because.

13 comments:

The Bates said...

That is so sad! But I must say that she looks mighty cute with her new hair cut, maybe she knew by doing this she would get pampered :)

Fullerton Family said...

Oh my goodness, I would have cried, too!! That was a bad one! BUT her new hair- do is way cute, I really like it and think it looks adorable on her!!

Tatum said...

She looks great! I'm glad you went to Mandy! I hope neither of my children never do that! You can't be too careful where you put scissors.

jes said...

o my! i would definatly of cried! but it looks really cute! she's such a pretty little thing!

i was so tired of my decorating in my house a month or two ago, but of course couldn't afford to change it all! so i did little things like rearrange the furniture (that drives my guy crazy) and went "shopping" in the other rooms in my house, and when you switch things around you'll be amazed at the difference it makes!

ashley b said...

oh my! i really have seen worse Jess but she did do a number! it really turned out so cute though! i guess she had a plan. :)

Kendyl said...

wow, i cant belive how great that cut turned out! see... wasnt so bad afterall!! I would have died too.......

Erin said...

Oh, I'm sorry! But really, the new hair cut is SOOO cute! I love it. She looks adorable. I am seriously dreading the day that Ellie does this. It will be years from now, but I'm pretty sure all little girls do it at least once.

Lexi said...

i am so thankful haylee never did that and still hasn't. I mean not enough to matter anyway. I think her hair looks adorable with the new cut though, so look ar the bright side, you got to try something new and she looks amazing that way

Farnsworth Family said...

Oh Jess, that is so sad! I don't know what I would have done. You handled it better then I think I would have. However her hair is still really cute. The girl did a really good job. Well I can't wait to hang out on the 21st. It's going to be so much fun. See you then!

Lindsey said...

Her little bob is ADORABLE...sorry what she put you through to get it though. What a little beauty!

Hope you guys are doing well!

The Weights said...

I think you have a ittle hairdresser in training! Lets just hope she doesn't try it on her little sis! Her hair looks adorable short.

Pottruffs said...

It sure did turn out cute. Maybe that was Addie's plan all along, a new style. Kids sure are sneaky. LOL

Ashley Harris said...

Oh my gosh, I would have freaked out! Her haircut is ADORABLE though, so it all worked out ok, huh?! You poor thing!