Sunday, November 2, 2008

sunday breakfast

on Sunday mornings growing up i could always count on a warm, homemade breakfast. sometimes eggs and bacon with hash browns. sometimes pancakes. but mostly, waffles. they were square, and big, with deep pockets that we would fill up with peanut butter and homemade maple syrup.









i hold dear that tradition. why? i dont know? its such a small thing. i guess it floods my mind of good memories of my childhood.
to this day, i still make a warm breakfast on sunday mornings. usually waffles. and fill the pockets with peanut butter and warm, homemade maple syrup. i have made some small changes. i now make them whole wheat and fill them with fruit or other yummy things to entice addie to take one bite of breakfast. she has never been a breakfast eater. take a look see.
this one on the other hand.....





here's to holding onto those childhood memories, one bite at a time.

5 comments:

Lexi said...

I always wished I would be a breakfast maker, maybe in my next life. I just hate to make such a great breakfast and not be able to eat it.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE peanutbutter with waffles, what a good combination. Isn't it funny how the one child you have to BEG to eat and the other one is like the human vaccumn and will eat whatever the other one didn't finish?! Maybe one day they will balance out!

Tatum said...

Oh how I love Sunday breakfast! I have to make breakfast every Sunday too... ok and Saturday too. :) It is the best way to start the day.

ashley b said...

homemade breakfast is always the best and brings back fun memories for me as well. i love this post!

Devin Ulibarri said...

It was allways saturday morning in my house growing up. Nothing better than eggs and bacon or chorizo and eggs. I do try to do it occasionally, but it usually only happens when Ive been up all night at work and get home at 6 or 7. I dont wake up early to eat breakfast, let alone cook it. Amy and the kids are all early birds, I hate it.