Tuesday, November 18, 2008

whadya know! it is fall!

while the high in Mesa is 87 degrees on this mid November day, here in the mountains it is chilly and brisk. the leaves are golden. the smell of wood burning is in the air. i havent taken my sweater off today. it reassures me that it REALLY is fall.

my girls love to find "treasures" when we come to mimis and papas house. they fill up their brown paper bags full of pine needles, cones, rocks, leaves, sticks. it keeps them busy and they get to feel, see, and smell nature.



holding on










it really is fall!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute shoes and I love the new header...Gorgeous! So jealous you are experiencing fall, looks like a ton of fun!

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

I'm headed to the mountains this weekend too!! I'm excited to wear my warm clothes, finally:)

Lexi said...

i love these pictures, but i especially love those shoes!

Tatum said...

oh my goodness those are the most beautiful photos! Are those real?!

Ashley Madsen said...

Your shoes are adorable!!! Love it!

Pottruffs said...

Our fall has come and gone, but no snow yet. All the leaves have fallen. We're still getting pretty warm weather for MT. It's in the high 40's today. It actually feels really nice out. Not ready for snow. Enjoy your sun. I remember hot winter days there, really weird. I could never do that again. Want to go visit though. Meet all my cousins spouses and see the family again. Love your photos.

naomi megan. said...

your shoes are so cute!

andrea said...

Cute pictures and cute shoes! I am glad you got a taste of fall. I agree about the valley of the sun being so familiar and feeling like home....I do love this place :)