Friday, November 28, 2008

giving thanks

Today we drove up to Show Low to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mimi and Papa. ( to stop confusion, we celebrated the day after due to siblings visiting in- laws and other family working.) Mark had to work Thanksgiving,( and Christmas and New Years, ug) so i packed the van again with what seemed like the whole house and all our possessions. I included new movies checked out from the library, and candy/snacks to keep them entertained. didnt work. I do not like to drive alone with my girls for long distances, it is just horrible. someone always throws up, there is always screaming and crying and whining. This trip it started with Addie sticking a jelly belly up her nose. you think she would have learned from this time and a time after that when i had to take her to the urgent care. there was screaming and crying and whining, of course. sigh. i used the bobby pin trick and out it came, and on our way we went. callie started to get fussy and anxious. i had a headache and gave her a sucker to keep her quiet. she got it stuck in her hair, which made her scream,cry and whine even more.
finally we made it over the river and through the woods to mimi and papas house.
we were greeted with food cooking in the oven. at that moment it felt like the season of thanks and giving. we cleaned up, much needed after that long ride.








Great Mimi and Papa where there.


Feasting

the kids table. lots of banging forks, dancing, singing, not alot of eating. the fun table.

all of the adults were sitting around talking about Christmas and shopping and presents and santa. we didnt realize we had a peeping tom sitting under the table listening to every word. it was her fort she said. great hiding place.









giving thanks for many things this year. little things, but they are big things at the same time.
my families health, and safety. marks job, horrible hours and time consuming, but he has a job. our home, though it may not be decorated and we have hand-me-down furniture we have the space we need, and it is a place we call home. my kids. they are trying at times, but oh they are sweet, imaginative, silly, full of personality and smart. they are healthy. we have so much.
happy thanksgiving

4 comments:

Jaime said...

That picture of Callie next to the plant is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen! Your girls are so beautiful!

Aside from the "fun" car trip up, it looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :o)

Pottruffs said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. How do you always make pictures look beautiful. If I took a picture of a plate of food after eating, it would look aweful. Yours is beautiful. Talent I guess! Glad things worked out. I hate traveling long distances too, unless it's to my sister's house. My kids are used to driving now though, we drive 8 miles down the mountain in the morning and 8 miles up after school. No long trips lately though, so we'll see when it comes time for that. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tatum said...

I'm glad you had a lovely holiday except for no Mark and the horrible drive. You are so brave! I don't think I have in me to travel alone with my girls.

Come home soon! I miss you!

Lindsey said...

All I have to say is I don't know how you do it sometimes! You are so strong to take on long carerides by yourself and I am sorry you had to be away from your love on Thanksgiving. Pictures are beautiful though!