Friday, September 12, 2008

day 2 of our trip

we are enjoying mimi and papas house. the weather is perfect.
it is a nice change.
yesterday, i jumped out of the car in the middle of the road! (my mother was stopped). i turned my head and there was a HUGE wolf spider on my moms seat staring at me with the biggest spider eyes. i have never been so afraid from a spider in all my life. we sat there forever trying to figure out how to kill the ginormous thing with one hit so it wouldnt scurry off in the car. we got it... good.:) i am getting the willies as we speak.
me and my mom canned some peaches. they smelled so good and i couldnt help to notice how beautiful the cans looked when we finished. the colors were screaming fall. they were delicious.
both of my girls are sick with colds and runny noses. melatonin and cold medicine have come in handy at night, and we have had some good sleep.
my brother is getting married tomorrow. there will be about 35 people staying in my parents house tonight! it will be interesting in the morning when we are all trying to get ready for the big day.
pictures of the wedding will be posted next. i am going to be their photographer, since theirs pooped out on them at the last min., and i am feeling the stress. major stress. i am trying not to think about it.
the house is quiet and i hear rain sprinkles outside. i am going to go sit on the big comfy chair by the window with my new fall magazines.
enjoy your friday.

7 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

You'll do a great job as their photographer, the pictures I've seen of yours are beautiful!! Good luck!

Jess said...

I'm jealous..just of your surroundings. Glad you guys are having fun.

Cody and Danica said...

Which brother is getting married?

Oh and I got your reply about the pictures. Sorry our computer is so gay so we don't have internet most of the time. Just every once ina blue moon. Its depressing. But 70 sounds good. don't sell yourself short...you're amazing. I'll talk to cody and let ya know. It'll probably have to be in October because...well it'll be nice and cool by then and then I won't be melting in the pictures and look like I just ran a marathon...lets be honest-aint no way in heck I'll be able to run a marathon. Maybe 30 pounds ago! haha...but seriously.

Julz said...

As far as I am concerned the only thing you should be stressed about is getting you and your family ready tomorrow with all of those peeps, Cuz your photography skills are AMAZING!!!! and not to mention it just comes naturally to you. I don't think you could take a bad picture even if you tried. I can't wait for Monday and If you cancel on me I will have to physically tie you up and throw you in my car cuz I am in some major need of Hessica time;)Good luck at the wedding.

Pottruffs said...

Sounds like a packed house, but what fun. Love the smell of canning peaches. My mom made our kitchen smell so good when she had done that one year. Don't think she did it again though.

Tatum said...

Sometimes we are too much a like! Saturday there was a wolf spider in the towel I wrapped Chloe in! I almost died! Both my girls have runny noses. I canned a bunch of peaches on Saturday! So weird!

I am sure you took the loveliest photos! Can't wait to see em!

ashley b said...

I'm sure all your pictures turned out gorgeous! I didn't even know your brother was getting married! I'm assuming Kyle...but maybe I'm wrong. Can't wait to see the pictures!