Tuesday, September 2, 2008

24


thats how old i am today.
i love little details of other peoples lives.
little facts that make up who they are and what they are all about.
i guess this day would be a good day to tell you some small insignificant things about me.
dont laugh....
* i clean the house when i am frustrated.
* i dont know how to drive a stick shift.
* i worked as a dental assistant for 6 1/2 years. that has been my only real job.
* i knew my husband for 1 week before we got engaged! that could be a whole post on its own! :)
* i am afraid of the ocean, but love the beach.
* i had braces on for 4 years! that stunk!
* my wardrobe consists of jeans, tshirt, flip flops, and hair tie.
* i am the oldest of three and the only girl.
* i have a new obsession, making quilts. i wish it got colder here.
* I drive a van, and i love it.
* i think im done having kids.
* i am kind of shy and self conscious.
* I am not a morning person, or a night person.
* i sleep on the right side of the bed.
* i suffer from memory lose, i am sure alot of us do.
* i love:
my down pillow
anti bacterial windex
everything about fall
dark chocolate chip truffles from sees candy
the smell of honeysuckle and orange blossoms
the sound of the garage door, it means mark is home
freshly bathed children
pinching their clean little bums
home videos
a cool shower on a hot day
a full threaded bobbin, its like a full tank of gas! i am lame.

my day started with me in bed. my family came in singing the birthday song with banana bread and a lighted candle. horn blowers were blowing in my face while i read my homemade cards! i loved it! tonight i get to go on a date. i feel like i am 17 again, the anxiousness and excitement of going on a date. (ok people, we dont go on dates very often, so i am overly thrilled about it!) :O)
also another happening of the morning.... addies first self hair cut!!! ya, it happened! and i almost cried! thankfully its not too bad, and i am going to try and let it grow out! i knew this day would come!
for now, i am going to the mall. its our weekend, i have birthday money, and i am in dire need of some new perfume!

21 comments:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday...
I have also awarded you with the I love your blog award because, well, I love your blog. Now you can pass it on to as many bloggers as you would like.

I hope you have a great birthday!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Jess!!! Have fun on your date and shopping spree!

Josh and Cori said...

happy birthday girl! I was trying to remember who else I shared a birthday with-there are 4 that I know of. I hope you have a great day!

Erin said...

I love this post! Happy birthday! I SO want to hear the story about getting engaged after one week. How romantic! I don't sew often, but I just reloaded my bobbin and I was so excited about it. I can relate. As always, love your blog.

Whitney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Once I can go out with the baby I'm taking you out to lunch ok!! Loved the post by the way!! You're so cute!

Ashley Madsen said...

I love your view on life and your family. I know you don't know me, and I always comment on your page, but I love it! (tell me if you want me to stop)

a couple things:
-Happy Birthday!
-Where did you get that shirt? Loving that!
-you do need to do a post about the week you met your hubby.
-I LOVE fall and I LOVE to sew. I have found a couple things that I am making right now(have yet to post on them since I'm moving in a couple weeks) but you need to check out these cute things

http://bloggingwithholly.blogspot.com/2008/08/passionate-about-pumpkins.html

And a cute little idea for your girls (I'm making a town with a princess for my neice)

http://bloggingwithholly.blogspot.com/2008/08/missing-my-girl.html

Tatum said...

Happy Birthday Girlie! I hope it is a special one. I am so excited for you to go on a date! You are adorable. I hope that husband of yours spoils you ...

Ulibarri Family said...

Happy B-day! Don't worry...I still get nervous when I have a date with Devin too! After 8 1/2 years of marriage I should be over that, but I'm not! I think it helps us stay young even when we feel old!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am 24 too, and I totally almost bought that shirt at forever 21! I love it, I think about it still....obviously should have bought it :) I love all the little facts!

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have fun on your date.

The Van Fam said...

Jessica I hope you had such a good birthday! 24! You are so young! I loved reading all about you! Ididn't know very many of those things! What a cute idea! By the way, I think I'm done having kiddos too haha, 2 is a lot of work! (but worth every minute!)

ashley b said...

Happy Birthday! That was a fun post. It is fun to learn the funny things that make people tick. Have fun on your date!

Cody and Danica said...

well i hope you had a wonderful day! I love your shirt in that picture.

do you think around christmas time (if we have some extra cash) you could take pictures for us? Maybe by then I won't be obese! Oh and how much would you charge?

Caitlin said...

Jessica, isn't it funny that I remember your birthday every year? Its the same day as Mauriah and Jerrys anniversary. So weird because I dont know anyone elses anniversary...But anyways you are too pretty. I hope you had the funnest date with your husband and the best birthday.

Ashley Harris said...

Happy Birthday!!! I feel like such a loser that I didn't know and I didn't call you! I'm so sorry!

How fun that your birthday fell on Mark's day off! How perfect! I hope your date was fun and ended better than a date at 17 would and I hope you found your perfume! :)

I loved the random things about you, a lot of them I was like "me too!" We'll have to swap dating/quickly engaged stories :)

Andrea and Blake said...

Hope your day was amazing and relaxing, your girls are adorable and I love Addie's outfit! by the way that quilt you auctioned was great!

andrea said...

Jessica, did I scare you again by posting with my husbands account! Just remember if it says devin it's really me :)

Lexi said...

Happy Birthday. And I loved reading all about you. It was neat

Candace said...

happy birthday to you! sorry i'm so late at commenting. eek! thanks for sharing all of this. it's great to know more about you.

i got your package too! thanks for all the extras you included. you are such a sweetheart.

Gracie G. said...

Happy Birthday~

I am delurking to say happy birthday and to say that is cool that you were a dental assistant because that is what I am doing too. And I wear braces. It's nice to know there is an end to wearing them!

Your day sounds lovely! Hope the rest of your year is lovely too.

God bless~