Thursday, September 25, 2008

quilt batting question

lindsey asked, "So I am making my first quilt and I need someone's advice on what type of batting to use. Sounds like a silly question but I just don't know.... Cotton? Polyester? Can you tell me what kind of results I would get or what you prefer to use?"

lets first say, i am no expert at quilting. i am self taught and have learned by trial and error. i have tried both cotton and polyester batting. my own opinion, cotton. it is a more natural product. it gives a quilt more of a vintage look. i think it feels better and is more cozy to curl up in. to me, it gives the quilt a better shape. i will always use 100% cotton from now on. i like the brand "Warm and Natural". You can usually find it at Joannes or any fabric store.
happy quilting and happy friday, to those whose friday it is! :)

p.s. i want this book so bad. so inspiring. you can read more about it here. i miss my camera, bad.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks Jessica! I am definently going for more of the vintage look and I do want it to be more cozy for my little one! This is exactly what will help me!

Tatum said...

OOOH THAT BOOK LOOKS LOVELY! HOW COOL! I HOPE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF READING MATERIAL FOR YOUR TRIP!

Swasey family said...

So do you quilt your own quilts?I've made 2 queen sized quilts for christmas presants and have been paying lots of money for someone to use there quilting machiene.What do you do and how easy / hard is it?

Shaun said...

Jessica, I have a question. What activities do you do with your girls to keep them entertained during the day? I need some ideas! Thanks - Cara

Shaun said...

Btw - if that posted multiple times, I'm so sorry! I'm having problems today!